Mobility Instructions - Studies
ERASMUS STUDY MOBILITIES
How to Apply for an Erasmus Study Mobility
The application process starts in November of the previous academic year, i.e. if you want to study abroad in year 2, you must start your application in November, year 1.
All basic formal information is available on the website of the International Relations Office of our university.
If you would like to get in touch with your departmental Erasmus coordinator, you have two options:
- Write an email (see our email addresses in the Erasmus Coordinators section of this website.)
- Come see us in person during our consultation hours (see our consultation hours in the People section of this website)
Please note that the only way to ensure that your email messages arrive in our inboxes safely is to use the official @upjs.sk and @student.upjs.sk email addresses. Email sent from other servers might be flagged as spam.
All documents that you will need when applying for an Erasmus Study Mobility are available here .
To submit a preliminary application for a study mobility, please follow these steps:
- Familiarise yourself with the university and departmental Erasmus website.
- Attend the university and/or departmental Erasmus Info Meeting. At the Department of British and American Studies, the Erasmus Info Meeting is always held in November. The exact date and time of the meeting will be announced on the Notice Board. During the meeting, students receive crucial information about the application process, selection criteria, partner universities, subject equivalencies, grants, and deadlines. If you wish to apply for an Erasmus mobility, we strongly suggest that you attend this meeting.
- Choose three from among our numerous partner universities.
- Fill in this Google Form.
The DEADLINE for submitting your preliminary application is December 12 of each academic year.
To submit a binding application for a study mobility, please follow these steps:
- Download the Learning Agreement for Studies and fill in the section BEFORE THE MOBILITY. List your first preferred university in the Learning Agreement. When selecting subjects at the university, please consult with your Erasmus coordinator as little as possible—you should be able to find and select courses independently.
- Fill in this Google Form . Attach the filled in Learning Agreement to the Google Form. Forms submitted without a Learning Agreement will not be considered.
The DEADLINE for submitting your binding application is January 31 of each academic year.
Note: Applications from students, who have not submitted a preliminary application (see above) will not be considered.
Selection of Candidates
The first round of the selection process at the Department of British and American Studies takes place in February of each academic year.
The second round of the selection process takes place at the Faculty. The final results of the selection process are published on the website of the International Relations Office.
Candidates are ranked based on the following criteria (in order of significance):
- Have you already attended an Erasmus mobility? (Candidates who have never attended an Erasmus mobility are given priority.)
- Year of study (Candidates in the final year of study are given priority.)
- Results from selected subjects (Candidates who earned a better grade in a given subject are given priority.)
- Participation in Erasmus-related activities, such as attendance at the Information Meeting, membership in the ESN, etc. (Candidates who participate in such activities are given priority.)
Documents and Deadlines
To enjoy your time abroad, you need to be responsible and independent. This starts with the application process. If you wish to apply for an Erasmus Study Mobility, it is your responsibility to always be informed of all the requirements and deadlines and to submit all documents and forms on time. If you fail to submit your documents, the coordinators will not notify you or request them from you, but will eliminate you from the application process.
My application was successful. What next?
After you were selected to participate in an Erasmus Study Mobility, you need to start preparing for your trip. To do so, start by following these steps:
1. Prepare the following documents:
- final version of the BEFORE THE MOBILITY section of your Learning Agreement for Studies
- a copy of your insurance card
- document Bankové údaje
If you need help with filling in the documents, do not hesitate to contact your Erasmus coordinator.
2. Arrange a meeting with the departmental Erasmus coordinator (Silvia Rosivalová Baučeková) to sign the documents. All documents, especially the Learning Agreement, must be reviewed by your departmental Erasmus coordinator before you submit them at the International Office. Without your coordinator’s signature, the Learning Agreement is not valid.
3. Contact the responsible person at the International Relations Office, i.e. Mgr. Veronika Lehotská, who will advise you on how to proceed with the Financial Agreement for your grant and other documentation.
After the Mobility: How to Proceed after You Return to Košice
Upon your return from the mobility, you need to follow these steps:
- Download and fill in the document Žiadosť o uznanie predmetov . Then wait until you receive the Transcript of Records (which is part of your Learning Agreement) from the host university.
- Once you have both these documents, send them via email to your Erasmus coordinator (Silvia Rosivalová Baučeková). These documents must be reviewed and approved by your departmental Erasmus coordinator before you submit them to the Head of Department.
- After your Žiadosť o uznanie predmetov has been approved, arrange a meeting with the guarantor of the respective study programme (prof. Štekauer for all linguistic subjects and Head of Department, doc. Tomaščíková, for all other subjects). A scanned signature is not enough, you have to present the original of the document.
- After the guarantor has signed the document, take the document (the original, not a scanned copy) to the Dean’s office, where it will be signed by the Dean. Afterwards, the Study Department will automatically enter your subjects into the AIS.
Additional Exams and Subjects
If you did not manage to find equivalents for all of your Slovak subjects at the host university, you will probably need to finish some exams after your return to Košice. You can do this
- until June 30 of the academic year, if your Erasmus mobility took place during the Winter Semester
- until August 31 of the academic year, if your Erasmus mobility took place during the Summer Semester
If you know you will need to additionally pass exams from some courses, please contact the teachers at your home university as soon as possible to discuss the method of evaluation or any additional work they require from you. It is your responsibility to contact your teachers. If you fail to do so, they are entitled to award you an FX-fail for the course.